Wednesday, November 5, 2008

2- Part Blog...

Part 1:
Post your election reflection. How do you feel about the election? What are your hopes for America and your community in the next few years? What are your concerns for America and your community for the next few years?
then...
Evaluate your own level of civic knowledge. What have we done well as a class to build your understanding of current events? What can we improve as a class (or you as an individual) to better build your understanding of current events? How do you feel in the numerous conversations about current events that take place outside of class?

I feel the Barrack Obama's Victory was fair even though some of his speech had some false information. I feel the election went really great, even though the electoral votes were close up for John McCain to catch up Obama. I'm a democrat and I feel good that black people have gotten closer to accomplishment ever since slavery was a big issue that affected all races, because rights were different before, but know it gives me happiness that Black people have arrived to a high position in presidential spot. Well, I don't mean to be biased towards by black side in me, but I hope we black people get certain privileges now that we have a black folk as our speaker to our country. Even though this is a pro to the black culture because now many black individuals are going to be able to succeed in many aspects of life, such as there is always big concerns to this Obama victory like assassination that has been attempted, so I fear that Obama is not going to last those 4 committed years in the presidential spot. I Believe in Obama and I know he is going to be a great Leader, and follow after Martin Luther King JR. just in a different position in Leadership!

I feel the way I got to understand current events always being found by using the Blogger forum, I feel that when I write blogs I have to really know what I'm talking about or else it won't make sense to many people that view it or me. I actually like the idea of us students having to search many article and type about them and speak free of our opinion towards the issue. I've been able to keep up with this assignment because it's interesting to do, and I'm constantly reminded of this. The way I think I can improve focus in class by replacing journal writing in class with current events being shared all the time by others or teachers and freely discuss about them. I opened my current event knowledge to expand and be more appealed to it as how I lacked before this class, before politics were just a issue now I focus on whatever is happening in the political world because it can affect many individuals like me. When I bring political conversations outside of class many look at me with a "Whata Hell Is He Talking About " Look and I feel that they need to be more open-minded because I am, irritation comes to mind many times because many are lost during the conversations or those don't know what to say

Part 2:
Post a highly detailed specific plan to develop your product for the H2O Project. You must post:
a) All resources needed
b) All people needed
c) A detailed schedule for yourself that runs day by day from tomorrow for two weeks.
Please be as complete as possible and be highly specific, accurate and responsible in this plan. your resources will be distributed based on the completeness of your plan.

Please also ensure that the google doc is 100% accurate and complete.

My Question- "Does the appearance of clean-clear water deceive people into thinking is harmless?"

My steps to develop this H20 project are by going to multiple different beaches that are polluted and some that are not so much and basically prove a point that water can be harmful no matter what state of cleanliness it has gone through and also ask random people of all kind that are found in the right place at the right time, I will ask people my thesis question and find their opinion. Basically after I got different samples of water treated I will explain to those people what the clear water contains and if it's harmful.

I will ask

  • Surfers
  • swimmers
  • beach people walking
  • Probability lifeguards or beach managers
There will be multiple question concerning if clarification is needed or if individual is interested. It depends on the situation really because I don't want to keep people waiting to long if they need to go somewhere.

I am going to need a camera that records footage and samples bags that contain water as evidence with a small cooler to keep bags in. Also I'm going to limit myself with enough interviews that support my case instead of too much opinion and no facts.

The 1st week of the 9th- 16th of November, I'm going to be as focused , but still be open minded about things but I am going to recover footage and evidence by this week and week after that, I'm going to finish up on anything that needs to be done like an essay or website or final edit on footage.







No comments: