Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Beginning My Reflection *










For each example, write a detailed paragraph explaining why you are proud of this work. Then, write a detailed paragraph explaining how you accomplished this--what were the steps in the process that led to a positive result?

A project that gave me a positive spirit was the Newspaper Article, the reason why because cooperating with others brought me so many views in how a real newspaper business communicates with everyone working their best at their station. What I admired the most out of this project was how the group I was in cooperated well and split the big idea with certain sections like the 3rd Lincoln-Douglas Debate was split into 3 sections and they were both senators perspectives, and then the big idea overall of the whole debate. I was proud that my piece had a really good flow going on and had many people give really good compliments due to my writing and this became a really good highlight of my 11th grade.

The way I accomplished this project was that I was always really consistent of incoming drafts and having them ready by the next morning expecting more stages of drafting & revision. I also accomplished my writing piece with many different high-quality words, that enhanced my language in the humanities class because due to all the writing and reading in class, I manage to learn and rip words that would make my writing piece more interesting and enjoyable. I enjoyed so much the experience to work for a project in the newspaper business because I got to feel like a real editor.

My second product that came in through the diamonds in the rough was my H2O project, after striving for hard work and closely to the end giving up for a few days, I manage to thank one special person that provided me with ideas to still improve and to avoid giving up through a hard situation that I was facing in class. If it was never for that person I think that I would of rose up my comfort and would of let my grade be something that I deserved for a unfinished product. My finishing product was a informational video of Turbidity that I made throughout the weeks we were given and then still managed through to reference the outline and guideline papers to produce high quality.

These steps were pretty complicated at first, I followed my plans and outline to structure my video product and then just followed my interview process of originating with 12 interviews and then after picking out good informative footage. Slowly process through working in Final Cut Pro and not getting anywhere but slicing footage, few days got inspired to use iMovie program to make my life easier. The reason behind that was because the 1st day I almost had all my video done with the program being easier for my opinion. A day after expecting to finish product but a cause of malfunction in the iMovie program caused me to remain stumble for few days. After this roadblock happening to me, I troublesome did not know where to steer in a good direction after this because all I can remember were the words of randy that angrily-hurted me when he said " I'm Sorry, the deadlines today at 3:30". Overall I reached success because of that extra push a classmate gave me that necessarily wasn't expected to happen, I thank that person because she knew that I was emotionally damaged with my unfinished product. Now, I am able to pick myself up and gain motivation and confidence through this project that I expected never to finish.

No comments: